The Next Generation of Concrete Cleaner
November 25, 2020
Microbial Induced Corrosion of Concrete
(Advanced Stage of Bacterial Induced Concrete Corrosion)
The concrete surfaces of bridges, highways, barriers, parking surfaces, buildings, etc. are impacted. The dark gray substance or discoloration is a biofilm that occurs through a process called succession. Starting slowly, the degradation it causes can lead to catastrophic failure of the concrete. It costs a lot of money because expensive concrete needs to be replaced sooner than necessary.
The "Chemistry 101"
version of what is going on here, is as follows:
- Concrete is highly alkaline with a pH of 11 to 12
- Bacteria does not normally grow at this pH level
- Over time, changes in environmental conditions neutralize the concrete surface to a lower pH
- As the surface pH reduces to about 8, additional bacteria will start to reproduce
- Eventually, the concrete surface pH drops to a level low enough to allow acidothiobacillus to start growing
- Once acidothiobacillus enters and grows in the biofilm, it secretes sulfuric acid as a waste product
- This accelerates the rate of corrosion which, in turn, accelerates the rate of the overall destruction of the concrete and millions upon millions of dollars worth of concrete must be prematurely replaced
The most effective way to decrease the financial and safety impact of bacterial induced corrosion on concrete is an effective preservation program, that includes cleaning the concrete surface on a regular basis.
- Clenz-O-Crete is an extremely effective product for this type of "preservation" or "preventative maintenance" application
- Clenz-O-Crete: the next generation concrete cleaner
- Clenz-O-Crete: is a "Spray And Walk Away" solution
- Clenz-O-Crete: is ideal for programs that must consider cost & the environment
- Eliminates pressure washing damage to concrete
- Safe on plants & grass
- Contains no bleach Leaves no toxic residue
- 3-5 year cleaning cycle
- Saves time
- Reduces labor cost
- Saves water
- "Spray And Walk Away"
Clenz-O-Crete is a unique, proprietary, and patented "activated hydrogen peroxide" (H2O2) formulation, which releases and unleashes the power of oxygen, and incorporates it into the cleaning process.
For use on:
- Clay tiles
Founder: Ron Jones
Education and Experience
- University of Georgia – 1978, BS Chemistry
- I. Schneid, Inc., 1978-1980, Product Development Scientist
- Momar, Inc., 1980-1982, Product Development Scientist
- Intex Products, 1982-1983, Product Development Scientist
- Bio-Lab, Inc. (BioGuard), 1983-1997, Senior Scientist
- Hold over 31 U.S. and Foreign Patents
- Northwest Exterminating, 1994-1997, Pest Control Sales
- Established ProGuard System-1997: "Stucco ProGuard® System" Patented Solution for synthetic homes.
- Residential termite pre-treatments (2,000 to 3,000/yr.)
- Established 24/7 Pest Control-2000
- Established X-Mold Remediation-2005: Residential mold pre-treatments
- Established GreenFlow Distribution-2012: Manufacture and market products
- Sold 24/7 Pest Control to Active Pest control-2014
- Established ProGuard Systems South Carolina-2014
- Sold X-Mold Remediation and acquired full control of GreenFlow Distribution